Everything Is Everywhere is the latest book of artist Ryan McGinness, featuring new paintings and sculptures from different bodies of work – Mindscapes,Blackholes and Women – as well as site-specific work made for the pages of this book.
Reproductions of reproductions fold in on themselves as McGinness treats the metadata captions about the work with as much (or even more) importance as the reproduced works they describe. Hand drawings, paintings, monoprints and installations are digitised with homogeneous symbols and icons. These symbols together do not have a clear narrative, giving the reader the possibility of numerous subjective interpretations. Adventurous typography is employed throughout with incongruous phrases and texts culled from the artist’s sketchbooks. The stunning juxtapositions of all these elements create a textured and vividly explosive book that requires multiple visits.
* New works from three bodies of work: Mindscapes, Blackholes and Women
* A visual feast with outstanding graphic design and adventurous typography
* Includes site-specific work that is exclusive to this book
* Illustrates the development of some of the iconic artworks Publication Details
* 8 April 2014
* Frame Publishers
* All artworks and texts by Ryan McGinness
* Graphic design by Ryan McGinness Studios
* 216 x 279 mm, 160 pages, hardcover
* ISBN 978-9491727-26-9